background

Halloween

Halloween

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ramstein AFB

Today we had a change of plans and rather than traveling to Mosul Valley we laid low and toured Ramstein AFB to see our American tax dollars hard at work. The base was huge and is utilized by the USAF for many different purposes, among them, flying in wounded soldiers from the battlefield. Most of the American amenities are available on base and it is almost like being in the States. I imagine it probably gives the soliders living there a strong sense of being at home.

Once we got home we took a walk through the forest with Rylee (Randy and Sigi's golden retriever and Haley's best friend). Weather today is gorgeous...for now. Perhaps some rain this evening.

Josh, I wasn't knocking your nutcracker collection. I am genuinely PUMPED about the one I purchased in Nuremburg yesterday...it really is cool and I'll probably have it sitting out year round. I know its hard for you to imagine me not being sarcastic, but I'm serious I wasn't leaving the store without it.

Tomorrow we're traveling to Trier to see all kinds of sights that I won't go into too much depth on here. I'll save that for tomorrow's post. Our hostess grew up in the area and she has been generous enough to take us back to her hometown to meet some of her family. We're excited to go.

Speaking of our hostess, she's hard at work preparring dinner while I type this update. She's a great cook and has put together some classic German cuisine for us to try each night while we've been here. With that being said, dinner is waiting and I do not want to let it get cold. As always, hope everyone in the states is doing ok.

Will update tomorrow.

R & J

No comments:

Post a Comment